Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Thoughts and some tips from DAY 16

I great place for using the Internet for free is the public library. University libraries are good places too.

I've discovered that clean public bathrooms can be found at the libraries, office buildings that have doctor's offices and the like. High end department stores and book stores are also safe bets. Watch out for divvy parts of town, porter potties at fairs and fast food places.

Surprising to learn, the last 2 hostels I was at had parking for the guests. Good to know!

An amazing snack that I carry with me came from Trader Joes. It's a bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips for $1.50. And a bag of chili covered mangoes from the dried fruit aisle. I alternate bites of each. It's reminiscent of Mayan chocolate because of the spice with the chocolate.

I am strongly considering learning a string instrument. Ideally this instrument in question would be portable for my travels. I want a string so I can sing at the same time. I don't know how to play anything, but that won't be a problem. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

I've visited large and small cities in Oregon and right now the ones that I love the most are the bigger ones. It is something about the sky scrapers that add excitement to a city!! I love Portland. Everyone needs to visit here. Seriously.

2 comments:

  1. I am loving your posts.

    Wiki Answers says the following are small stringed instruments: Ukelele, Mandolin, & Clavicord.

    Evidently the african bush harp and lute are also small intruments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Portland *is* wonderful. If I could pick any city in the world, that one would be on the top of my list--right next to Edinburgh!

    ReplyDelete