Friday, March 14, 2014

Photos from Cambria

In Cambria I stayed at the hostel and had a delightful time. I'm a fan of hostels because they attract people who have a fire for life. I had to keep reminding myself that I'd only known the folks there for a day, it felt like it had been years (in a good way).





I met a kindred spirit when I first checked into the Cambria hostel. Eddie flew his motorcycle over here from Australia and is going to ride down to the Southern tip of Chile. I hope we cross paths again. 

Another amazing person that I met in Cambria was Tom a fellow travel nut. He was so excited about sea kayaking that I had to try it! It was so much fun! I was definitely scared taking my kayak from the beach out to the ocean, because that meant having to make it through the crashing waves. I boogie boarded as a kid and remember it being fun, but I also got pummeled a lot and got water up my nose. Thankfully we both made it out to sea just fine. It was totally worth it! Hearst Castle was on the hillside behind us. Epic. 



About a year ago I went on a moto camping trip to Big Sur with some buddies and we logged 500 miles in two days. The second day we got lost and some of us had to work the next day so we had to press on. We ended up riding 13 hours that day. We stopped at the above deli for a quick break. I hadnt realized I'd been to Cambria before until I saw this deli. It brought back such happy memories. 







 Besides going to libraries and religious spots, I keep seeking out art. I will expand more on my discoveries, but the library closes in 10 minutes. I will just keep you in suspense of the great artists I've met and stunning art that they make.



Pam, the cats made me think of you. 











1 comment:

  1. So glad you are taking time to get pictures and keep us updated. I'm wish I could be there. It looks like a lot of fun. And sea Kayaking, yea that would be blast. When you get a chance we'll have to ask my dad and uncle about their trip across Australia on their bikes. :)

    ReplyDelete