Monday, March 17, 2014

First night camping solo in the Ventana Wilderness

Here's a video of the morning after my first time camping miles away from anyone. I got barely any sleep. I would of panicked if it wasn't for my earplugs, one of my favorite books and a lantern with extra batteries. I used the earplugs to mask the potential animal sounds, just like you'd turn off the sound during the scary part of a movie. I reread almost all of Rita Golden Gelman's book, Tales of a Female Nomad, which talks about how she started her nomadic lifestyle in her 40s and the amazing things that she's experienced because of her alternative lifestyle.


video






I took this photo for my brother. The tree is covered in woodpecker holes!



I spy a yellow bellied newt. 


1 comment:

  1. Sound works great. A bit quiet, but that's what the volume buttons are for.

    ReplyDelete