Friday, March 21, 2014

books that I'm reading on the road

For entertainment, other than a journal, I packed a book. I'm three weeks into this adventure and I've yet to be bored. There are so many interesting people to talk with, window shopping for really cool art, trails to hike, rides to ride...I even mailed home my dice and card. There's so much to do without carrying things with me.



I brought with me, one of my favorite books, called Tales of a Female Nomad by Rita Golden Gelman. I first read her book when I was in art school and her nomadic adventures inspired one of my sculptures of a blue footed boobie bowling pin set. Since I was a girl I've wanted to be a nomad, so Rita's story clicked with me. I wanted to start off this adventure hearing about her inspiring story.

 

Since I've been on the road three people have asked me if I've read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert Pirsig. I've had my eye on that book for a while. Then one of my hosts gave me a copy! Thank you James!



No comments:

Post a Comment