Monday, March 24, 2014

Santa Barbara- bumming around town




After leaving Carol's place up in the Santa Barbara wilderness, I checked out downtown Santa Barbara. The first stop was of course the library, to do an hour of speed blogging. I also donated a book that I'd finished reading, called Tales of a Female Nomad by Rita Golden Gelman. It's one of my favorite books, so I wanted to share it with other people.




The library had an impressive art show that I couldnt resist. I had no idea that quilting could be taken to this level. It was stunning.





I'm not much of a movie buff. I go to the theater maybe once a year. Recently I finished reading the Divergent trilogy, so when I say that it was playing I had to go watch it!



This is the ceiling in the lobby.


They did a good job with the movie and thankfully skipped showing the gruesome parts. The actual theater looked like Vegas. When you were sitting in the theater, there was a faux facade of buildings, like you're in the streets of Mexico. Cute little shops. Flower pots. Porches. It was the most impressive theater I've been to. It really transported you to another place. 




No comments:

Post a Comment