Saturday, August 16, 2008

Thur, Aug 7th, DAY 38

I 've been contemplating if I should end my entries with my time in the Northwest and not cover my trip in Colorado (I am going there on 8/8/8). I figured I'd want a journal of my adventures in Colorado, so here is the abbreviated version of my time.

Today was my last day in Portland. I guess I was wishing for this too hard, because I had a super hard time catching the train to Seattle. I was supposed to be in Seattle by 4, but instead arrived at 9:30. The good news: I got one extra afternoon in my beloved city! The train was booked for the noon train, so went to lunch with Jillian. It worked out great because it gave us time to problem solve the stubborn belts. That morn we also finished the belt buckles. As soon as I have the pics they will be here. I havent seen them completely finished, but Jillian said they look great.

At 9:30pm, I finally made it to Seattle, where old friends from England, now live. I spent the night at their place and feasted on English sausages. They were so delicious. I haven't seen Judy and Clayton in maybe 10 years, so it was wonderful to catch up. They were a huge source of information on teaching me about IRAs, retirement plans, and starting up a small business. I am eating all this business realated information like crazy! Right now Clayton is working on his doctorate on International Business. I look forward to seeing them again. Hopefully next time, Tim and Mom will come too.

No comments:

Post a Comment