Friday, August 29, 2008

All Done!















The past two days I've been filling out the application for the San Francisco Transfer Station Art Residency. It was due today at 5pm. I had issues with the bus system, and just barely made it with 15 minutes to spare. Rarely do I wait until the 11th hour to finish a big project, but HEY, it's done!!!! I can breath again. ahhhhh!!!!!!


Back in May I applied to the McColl Art Residency in North Carolina. I recently heard from them, that I wasn't accepted. It would of been super helpful to get some feedback, from them, but alas. I'll reapply next year to show them how much I have grown and that I really want to have a residency there. Tip: send a thank you note when you are rejected. I hear that it will go into your file. It will be there next year when you reapply. It shows that you care about the selection committee for giving their time to review your application and that you pay attention to details.














I got a letter from the Vermont Studio Center. My friend, Celeste, heard back from them over a month ago that she got in!!! I've been so ancy to find out if I did or not. I called them several times to see if my letter had been sent. Apparently over 800 artists applied and about 350 made it in! I got my letter yesterday. I am accepted and offered a grant to cover a 1/3 of the expenses. I'm going in October 2009. It will be my first time to Vermont, so I am already excited about seeing the leaves changing. I hear there is no prettier place for Fall. Thank you to everyone who wrote me a letter of recommendation! I really appreciate you giving me your time.

I am still waiting to hear back from the Headlands, in Marin, California. I'll keep you posted. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!!! I am so proud of you. :-)

    I hear vermont is lovely ALL the time.

    ReplyDelete