Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Sat, Aug 16th, DAY 47

It seems like every time I turn on the TV to watch the Olympics, it's always a swimming competition. I just want to watch fencing. (I am hoping Adam recorded the fencing, like he did last time, so I can borrow it.) What do you think of Phelps? He's younger than me, by a year, and has accomplished so much more. Watching him repeatedly win races and set world records, created a stern conversation with myself, over what have I accomplished? What is he doing that I am not. It all comes down to one word: focus. What one thing do I want to excel at? How do I pick just one? Then, once I excel at one activity, I can move onto another (which satisfies my need to be great at everything).

The morning consisted of more resume writing and reading of that awesome resume book. I blogged and ate a bunch.

That night was a family party for Blayn at Aunt Susan's (not my mom, but Ian's Aunt). There was tons of amazing food: beef brisket, corn on the cob, salad with cucumbers! and an apple spice cake that Carey came up with. I hadn't seen most of the family since the family reunion 3 years ago. That was the same trip as Mark's 50th birthday. I met the entire family all at once. Thankfully there was no pop quiz on anyone's names.

No comments:

Post a Comment