Wednesday, March 11, 2009

skipping "press 1 for billing..."

Yesterday was the goldmine for Works-for-me-Wednesday. Since I am not married and don't have kids, most of the usual tips don't apply. However, yesterday I learned how to create a navigation bar for my blog (this will appear soon along with a tutorial. Thank you Mommy always Wins.)

I also learned that fish, like produce, have seasons, so the price will fluctuate with the supply. Thank you Lynn!

An ongoing frustration of trying to insert a degree symbol has been alleviated. Hold down alt and type 0176. ° (I did it!!! It works!) Thank you Finer things in Life for sharing the secret!

And, I now have a list of customer service numbers that bypass all of the automated mumbo jumbo. You get to skip the elevator music and talk directly to a human!!! It's called gethuman.com (Thanks to the hostess for this tip.)

Can't wait for next week's Works-for-me-Wednesday!




1 comment:

  1. Very cool discovery about the degree symbol! And I'm looking forward to reading about how to create a navigation bar (I'm not even sure what that is, but it sounds like something I should know). Thanks for coming by my blog and reading about the fish, by the way. I'm off to poke around and read more of your recipes :)

    ReplyDelete