Tuesday, March 10, 2009

y Twitter is important for Artists




Twitter is an online site that gives you 120 characters to say what you are doing. It's like a game, figuring out how to best word things given the character restriction. You can even include urls and Tweet Pics.

When I twitter it automatically changes my status in Facebook and it also appears on this blog and on my portfolio site. It's great saving time, not having to manually update the status on each of the sites. Here's how to set it up.

Thanks to this article- Tweetable Art: 10 Twitter Tips for Artists by Natasha Wescoat, I now have a daily tweet. It's important to include your audience in the behind the scenes action. Let them know about your latest progress or newest thing you learned in regard to your art. Encourage your audience to be voyeurs of the art making process. Help them to get excited about what you are creating. It doesn't take long to tweet about it. It's only 120 characters.

How do you use Twitter?

1 comment:

  1. I use twitter to learn about veganism...Oh and I have heard of her! I think I'm going to try to participate in her Friday sugar thing on her blog where you make an old dessert, but I'm not sure yet...

    We'll see if I can find a vegan one...

    NAOmni

    ReplyDelete