Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Wiggle for Energy

Since joining the gym some mornings I am super sore. When I'm this sore, the only thing that I can do to make myself get out of bed is to move to the floor and lay down with a blanket. On the ground I use the Chi Machine for 20 minutes. It wiggles oxygen into the body and relaxes sore muscles. It has helped me to have more energy and greatly lessen my monthly cramps. My grandma used it to reduce swelling in her feet and to increase mobility in her fingers restricted from arthritis. In Asia it is used for cancer patients.















When the timer is up and the machine stops wiggling, I feel a tingling sensation all over my body. It is like a wave that splashes from my toes and back to the top of my head and down to my toes again. Kind of like making waves in the bathtub. I have to lay there for an extra couple of minutes, otherwise I get light-headed if I stand up right away.

Check out this short video of how the chi machine works. My machine doesn't have speed controls like the one in the video. Mine has one speed setting, along with a timer.















For more Works-for-me-Wednesday tips, check them out here.

4 comments:

  1. You have so much going on but also so much great information. I'm excited for Spring Break next month when I can come back to your blog and actually try to implement some things you talk about.

    NAOmni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh that looks so fun and relaxing. I had never heard of those before! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reminding me about this. The youtube video has great info. I'll be giving up spider solatiare for Lent and using the chi machine instead for relaxation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your blog. I think you have a lot of really cool things going on here all at once...

    Spring Break for me is starts March 13th...I can't wait...I'll keep you update on what ideas I steal :)

    NAOmni

    ReplyDelete