Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Organizing with a sharpie, blue paint, hooks and nail polish


































Hooks to empty up Cupboard Space
From the Dollar Store I picked up these hooks. The ones with double sided sticky foam fell right off the wall, so I super glued them to the wall. There hasn't been a problem since.

I hung up the measuring utensils and waffle iron because I use them every day. It is less frustrating to find them, now that they have a specific home. The waffle iron is resting on very big nails, called 16 penny. The towels take up less counter space by hanging them up.

Keys

I am always confusing the keys. Now I write with a sharpie on the key to denote where it goes, like “T” for trash and “G” for garage. Then I painted it with clear nail polish so the sharpie wouldn’t rub off. If you have your keys made at a shop that just makes keys, they can stamp with metal punches words of your choice like “house” or “backdoor.”

Removing Confusion as to what can be recycled




















Each city has different recycling centers, so check out what can be recycled in your city by going to the city dump's website. For those in Sacramento plastic bags can be put in the recycle bin but not for people living in San Francisco.





















In case you were wondering, I haven't made a compost bin yet. So for now the food scraps go here.

Check out more tips for Works-for-me-Wednesday.





3 comments:

  1. Good post, I especially like writing on the recycle box. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the nail polish over the Sharpie is my favorite part - I can never figure out how to get Sharpie to stick to plastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have never thought to do clear nail polish over sharpie! Thanks for the great tips!

    ReplyDelete