Tuesday, January 29, 2008

How to remove permanent marker


How to remove permanent marker and other seemingly permanent marks

Have you ever used a permanent marker on a white board before? Someone I don't know did that to a white board. So they took it to a creative re-use store. I bought it for $2. All that it takes is Baking Soda and water. Put the baking soda and water on the stain and rub it off with a cloth! When it's all off, just wash off all the white grime from the baking soda.

This trick also works great getting kool-aid and wine stains on counters and tables.

This tip was brought to you by Works-for-me-Wednesday hosted by rocks-in-my-dryer. Click the link to read more tips!

2 comments:

  1. Great tip about the baking soda and getting the board from a creative re-use store. We don't have one where I live.

    BTW the wfmw link doesn't work. :-(

    I've also written on cleaning whitebaords: http://fruitfulwords.wordpress.com/2007/04/11/3-whiteboard-cleaning-tips-wfmw/#comments
    and at
    http://fruitfulwords.wordpress.com/2007/04/26/whiteboard-cleaner-thats-non-toxic/

    Thanks for visiting my site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Know another great way to remove permanent marker. Use a whiteboard marker and draw over the permanent marker, let dry, then wipe off. You would be amazed how the chemicals in the pens can remove sharpie.

    ReplyDelete