Sunday, May 17, 2009

HITS Week 18












I'm walking in three days!!!

Yahoo for being done with school!


I've been waiting to be a grad for the past 5 years.

Now it's time to wear the dorky hat and celebrate!



Highlights for the Week:
1. Played with watercolors, crayons and glitter pens at a friend's house. Between the 4 of us, we covered the kitchen table with paintings and art supplies. So much fun!! Thank you. :-)


2. My knitting students have jumped up from French knitting to using needles and they are doing beautifully.


3. Creating new Cactus Lights















Went shopping for more plump, knit pipping for super long Cactus Lights, (they will be between 7-10 feet tall). After stumping many fabric store workers, I laid out all of my inventory and realized that I can use what I have instead of continuing to hunt for more pipping. The original pipping came from a thrift store, so I dont know where to buy more. I knit the black material on hand into three long tubes.

Then on Saturday, a friend and I went to a bunch of thrift stores and found great cups for the lampshades. I love the colors! I get all giddy thinking about arranging them. For 10 cents I bought a crochet hook. I predict good things will come from this! Can't wait to youtube on how to crochet.

Researched on other electrical wiring options. I have about a million and one questions and ideas. For now, I'm still asking questions and taking notes.

4. Wrote another article for CapitalistChicks.com about 16 bootstrapping techniques to preserve your cash. I'll let you know when the article is posted. It turned out really well. I'm happy with it, if I do say so myself. :-) I'm also approaching advertisers for the capitalist chicks site. If you're interested, you know where to find me.

5. I love killer bunnies!

6. Continuing the hunt for a creative job. Thanks to a friend, I learned of another production company in Portland that does stop motion animation.


Photos are here.








read:
Week 19 HITS
Week 17 HITS
Table of Contents for HITS (Happenings in the Studio)

2 comments:

  1. I've just started to learn to crochet. A friend told me that this is an excellent site for showing different crochet stitches.

    http://www.nexstitch.com/Tutorials.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I'm celebrating along with you!!!! It will be a special day to see you in that dorky hat. :-)

    2. Love the art you created that is now gracing our fridge - just like when you were younger.

    3. Love the various colors and textures for your new cactus lights.

    4. I think your 16 bootstrapping techniques article is one of your best yet.

    ReplyDelete