Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Headlands

Back in June or so, I applied to the Headlands Center for the Arts. It's an artist in residence program up in Marin, California. Today via email I found out that I wasn't selected. It was encouraging to hear most of us were rejected. Only 10 were selected of the 342 applicants. I'll have to reapply next year to show them how much I have grown as an artist and how serious I am about wanting a residency there.















Congrats to the winners!! I hope that you all make lots of art.

2009 California Artists in Residence
Kara Davis Dance/Choreography
Fallen Fruit Interdisciplinary
Desiree Holman Visual
Genine Lentine Writing
Chris Sollars Film/Video/New Media
Lysley Tenorio Writing
Camille Utterback Film/Video/New Media
Flora Wiegmann Dance/Choreography
Theresa Wong Music/Sound
Aaron Ximm Music/Sound
Alternate: Karen Steen Writing





No comments:

Post a Comment