10. The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
(Finished and LOVED!)
I'm still digesting this gem that I picked up at the airport. I will share more soon.
9. Kira Kira by Cynthia Kadohata
Newbery award winner for best kids lit. It made me sob. (You get very connected to the characters.)
8. Zen Seeds, Reflections by a Female Priest bu Shundo Aoyama
Written like Aesop's fables, they're short 1-2 page entries on insights by a Zen priest.
7. Shop class as Soulcraft by Matthew B. Crawford
(I had 2/3 of the book. I agreed with the authors argument that working with you hands is a dying craft and is super valuable for society to not lose that skill. )
Written by a motorcycle mechanic about the value of working with your hands.
6. Fighting Fire by Caroline Paul
A San Francisco Firefighters autobiography of what it was like being one of the first women in the SFFD. Beautifully written. Engaging. I literally read until I couldnt sit any more. I neglected everything for 2 days, until I finished this gem.
5. Dealing with Dragons by Patricia C. Wrede
A quick and easy read. It was a nice break from my how-to books.
4. Sport Riding Techniques by Nick Ienatsch
After reading A Twist of the Wrist, I've been eager to find another how-to ride book. And then a friend gave me Sports Riding Techniques. I want to be an old rider, so I'm studying what the professional riders know (plus it's REALLY fun to ride).
3. The Complete Book of Chinese Health and Healing by Daniel Reid
(Enjoyed flipping through)
Yep. I could use more of this in my life. I am working on being more relaxed and zen.
2. Trust Agents by Chris Brogan and Julien Smith
(I had a hard time wanting to spend more time on the computer to use these skills, so I just read the first few chapters.)
This book teaches how to use social marketing and goes into the psychology on how we think. I love it!
1. Chaplin My Autobiography by Charles Chaplin
I had no idea that Chaplin made so many movies. At the beginning of his career he was cranking them out one a month. That must of been so exciting to be constantly creating!