Sunday, November 22, 2009

3 Tests in 1 Week


I'm all done with school and yet in the past 7 days I took 3 tests...



The first was for a basic competency test to see if I qualify to be a enumerator, who collects information for the US census.














e·nu·mer·ate ( -n m -r t , -ny -).
1. To count off or name one by one; list


For some odd reason this carpet sample popped up on my image search for enumerator.



Numero dos was for a TB test (I didn't have to study for that one!) and passed with flying colors, so I can listen to kiddos practice reading.










This was an installation in my beloved city, San Francisco.




Last but not least, I took a written test at work to become a bronze certified picture framer.












I'm always looking for unusual frames and these fit the bill. They feel very sculptural, like an art installation.


What tests have you taken lately?

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on passing 3 tests in ONE week. You have been an over-achiever. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 90 days to become a bronze CPF. I may be able to do it at michaels but if I can't then I wouldn't know where else to start. Can you give me some hints or even links to get me started?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi fellow framing enthusiast,
    It sounds like you are currently employed by Michaels. Is that correct? If they haven't already given you handouts, ask for them. They also have books for you to borrow.

    Have you heard of the Professional Picture Framers Association (PPFA)? They offer the test to be certified (as apposed to just being silver certified which is only good at Michaels stores). PPFA has a study guide and suggested reading. You need 1 years experience before taking their test.

    The Michaels test was insultingly simple. You are going to do fine. I suggest you continue learning on your own, so that you will be more marketable when you move on from there.

    Let me know if you have any other questions.

    ReplyDelete