Saturday, October 2, 2010

September 2010 HITS



At the beginning of very month I recap the last 30 days in my life as a visual artist. September was particularly eventful. My efforts of job hunting for a full-time job in a creative position with lots of responsibilities has finally paid off. Since graduating from art school in December of 2008, I've worked lots of odd jobs and a couple of part-time positions while I applied to over 200 jobs. Now I have a really sweet full-time job as a custom framer at The Framer's Workshop in Berkeley, CA.

I've had my eye on this custom frame shop when I was still working at Michaels Arts and Crafts. The Framer's Workshop is a certified Green business, they have low turn over, cut their own mats and mouldings and they have the option of custom or DIY framing. Could it be a better fit?

Typically I share more than a few paragraphs and include photos showing my creative endevours, but I'm exhusted. I came out to the East Bay for an inteview at the frame shop, was offered the job that week, then moved out to the Bay three days later. I have my own apartment and studio space.

September involved starting a new job, moving and starting the Fall semester. For my local friends, I'll soon be rested enough to make a coherent converstation and have time to get together. I can't wait to catch up! I am so thrilled to be back in the Bay! I am oh so content, happy and tired.


2 comments:

  1. And now you will be preparing to set up a sewing and fiber arts workshop as part of your studio! Congratulations Elizabeth, you will reap what you sow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth,
    You make my heart sing. And isn't Berkeley GREAT!
    of course it has probably changed a bit since 1984 when I left :)
    I catch you on FB as you know, but will be enjoying these monthly updates now - a great idea!
    now that my life has settled down a bit after Sam's graduation with Pres Obama and his going to college. I am glad he is nearby for now, and on his own.
    Take good care! xoox your proud Aunt

    ReplyDelete