Saturday, February 13, 2010

Books I want to read

I have a back log of books I want to read. So it goes, one book leads to another book, so to remind myself of these other books I want to get to, here they are:



"Excuse me your Life is Waiting" by Lynn Grabhorn"
other books by J.K. Rowling
Art and Fear by Ted Orland
Agatha Cristie books
Eat right for your type by Peter D'Adamo
Why prolife by Alcorn
Women who runs with the wolves by Pinkola



A little too thin by Strober
Anne of Green Gables series (again!)
The life of a photograph : archival processing, matting, framing, storage by Laurence E. Keefe, and Dennis Inch
Grand Theft Childhood by Lawrence Kutner and Cheryl Olson




Louisa May Alcott books
All of the Caldecott and Newbery award winners (this year I finished reading all of the gold Caldecott winners.I'm making progress.)
Read some biographies, particularly about artists


Recommended books from the Professional Picture Framers Association:
1. The Complete Guide to Shadowboxes and
Framing Objects
James Miller, MCPF
2. Art & Picture Framing Glossary of Standard Terms
PPFA
3. Caring for Your Art
Jill Snyder
4. Picture Framing, Volume 1
Vivian Kistler, MCPF, GCF
5. Mat Cutting and Decoration, Volume 2
Vivian Kistler, MCPF, GCF
6. Needlework Framing, Volume 3
Vivian Kistler, MCPF, GCF
7. Framing Photography, Volume 6
Allan Lamb, CPF
8. PPFA Guidelines for Framing Works of Art on Paper
PPFA
9. PPFA Guidelines for Framing Works of Art on Canvas
PPFA
10. The Mounting and Laminating Handbook
Chris Paschke, CPF, GCF
11. CCI Notes: Paintings
Canadian Conservation Institute
12. Preserving Textiles
Harold F. Mailand and Dorothy Stites Alig

I also have more books I want to read. They are on my shelfari account.

1 comment:

  1. My list of to-read books is always unending too. I shouldn't have gone to the library yesterday. I got MORE books.

    These library books cut in line of the ones I already have at home who have been patiently awaiting their turn to be read.

    ReplyDelete