"Artists are first and foremost creative people, and creativity applied in any arena transcends whatever apparent limitations there are. Creativity, by definition, changes everything."-Cay Lang, author of Taking the Leap: Building a Career as a Visual ArtistWhenever I start to worry, (which is often,) I remind myself that I am a creative. There is a solution. Even though I prefer to use my creative powers to make art, they can be used in other places. How about figuring out how to make a living as a sculptor? Or writing my artist's resume? Or organizing my studio?
It's good to get into the habit of asking yourself, "How can I do this?" instead of "Can I do this?"
When constructing a ten-foot tipi I hadn't considered failure. How could I mess it up? It's just canvas, rope and wood. I had read a kids' book on the construction and watched utube videos on how to stand up the poles. A friend and I pitched the tipi several times before making it stable. We figured out how to do it.
Elizabeth Symington shares her art secrets, trials and triumphs as a visual artist, along with her motorcycle adventures.
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Using Your Creative Powers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment