Thursday, January 8, 2009

New Years in Vegas







































































































































To celebrate graduating from university, Ian and Brayton and I spent the week in Vegas. We stayed at the Grand View, which is 6 miles south of the main strip. We had 2 suites between us, which were basically furnished apartments. It was pretty chilly, but stubborn me had to lay out at the pool. I lasted about 30 minutes in the 50 degree weather.

For New Years we saw Mystere, a cirque du soliel show (thank you Ian for my ticket for my Christmas present). Sushi and sake for dinner was defiantly the highlight. Las Vegas blvd. was closed to cars and packed with 1/4 million wobbling, loud people. A couple of professional stunt men did crazy stuff that night and there were fireworks everywhere.

I caught up on my movies: The Tale of Despereaux, Valkyrie, and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Normally I go to the theater about twice in a year, so I'm set for the next couple of years. I felt very spoiled with all the movie watching.

We discovered an amazing Whole Foods that has aisles labeled "gluten free". Brayton and I went nuts!!!

I went bowling and between 2 games I bowled 5 strikes!! All thanks to wii bowling. Sorry no pics. You'll have to take my word on it.

The week was pretty relaxed with lots of reading and coloring thanks to the art supplies I found at a near by dollar store.

No comments:

Post a Comment