Monday, March 24, 2008

Start a blog

What do u do with all the random bits of knowledge that you acquire? Do what I did- start a blog!!! Afraid you don't have anything interesting to say? Just start typing. I have an ongoing list of things to post; one topic leads to another. I am pretty sure I won't ever catch up. I don't think I want to either.

Blogging is super easy. It's just like sending an email. You can use a standard layout (like mine) or you can customize it.

It's fun having a counter on your page to see how many people visit your site. You can get on for free by signing up with bravenet.com. Bring traffic to your site by participating in Works-for-me-Wednesday, where you post a tip that works for you.

Another option when setting up your blog is to have new comments emailed to you. That way you don't have to search through all your posts looking for comments.

You can change the name of your blog after you have set it up. I didn't like my first blog name, so I changed it. I then sent an email out to me address book notifying friends of the change.

Lastly, pretend that you are a visitor to your site. Is it easy to leave a comment? Do they need a user name or can they post anonymous?

Beware, blogging is addicting. I have to limit myself so I can focus on my art. But I need to blog to keep my readers happy. Happy blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment